Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Things'll Be Great When You're DOWNtown!

So, I spent my weekend playing tour guide to some of my family from Florida. We did all of those terrible annoying and secretly a little fun touristy things while they were here--Top of the Rock, a Broadway show, Statue of Liberty, etc. And I realized for the millionth time that I really dislike Midtown. Especially in December. It's way too crowded, everyone is rude and pushy, and there's waaaaay too much fleece on display.

What was really funny was that my cousins kept asking me very specific questions about the places we went. Questions I couldn't answer because we were at places I NEVER go unless someone is visiting me and wants to do touristy stuff. At one point my cousin's wife asked me to show her where the bathrooms in Radio City Music Hall were. Well, how the hell should I know that? It's not like I spend a lot of time just hanging out at Radio City Music Hall!

The best part of the weekend for me was when we went and had brunch at I Coppi. The food was amazing, we were able to relax, the place wasn't crowded, and the people I work with made sure we had TONS of food and our glasses were never empty. Afterward I showed my relatives around the Village--East, Greenwich, and West. It's so nice to go down there and just be in a real neighborhood as opposed to following a bunch of other out-of-towners around and acting like this is what real New Yorkers do.

I really miss living in the city, although I like the fact that now I can afford to take more trips and buy more stuff I want and all that crap. I'm really hoping that within the next few years I will start making enough to get my own apartment (not in Manhattan, although that would be awesome--help me out NY Lotto!). I'm over the roommate thing forever, I fear. The next time I move in with someone it will be because I'm in a relationship!

Also, I think I broke my foot or something. Ta!

No comments: