Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Random Happiness

It's really weird sometimes, the things that make me feel happy. Today, it's gorgeous weather, a little bit cold for my tastes, but sunny and cloudless. There is still snow on the ground. And for some unknown reason it makes me happy that I live somewhere that it snows. Totally nonsensical.

I guess a big reason I moved up here in the first place was that I wanted to be somewhere different than where I had always been before. Somewhere that people had common interests to me, where there was some respect for culture and individuality, somewhere that people enjoy getting dressed and don't just wear jeans and t-shirts or khaki capri pants every day, somewhere with seasons!

I really like that I live in a city--with tall buildings, and cute neighborhoods, and people walking their dogs, and restaurants, and museums, and theaters, and pubs, and coffeehouses, and teahouses, and celebrities, and taxis, etc. and etc. I don't take as much advantage of all of it as I should, but at least I appreciate it! (Except for Midtown in December!)

Another thing that is making me happy is the fact that I might FINALLY get to visit England and Scotland in 2008. My friend Desiree and I are hoping / planning to go around Labor Day! As exciting as it will be to see England, I'm really more looking forward to going to Scotland. It's another thing I can't really explain, but Scotland is calling to me! Has been for years now. Maybe it's the accents, maybe it's my Ewan McGregor love, maybe it's the Loch Ness Monster. I don't know but I can't wait.

2 comments:

Nic said...

What about Sean Connery?! Yeah, he's old, but he had his day and still looks "distinguished" ;)

Alicia said...

Yeah, he was definitely a hot commodity back when he was Bond. I'm also really into David Tennant, although unfortunately he doesn't get to use his real Scottish accent in most of his roles!