Friday, October 19, 2007

Time Passing By....

Wow, I haven't written anything in almost two whole months! Sorry to the 3 people that read this. I have been busy learning how to do my new job and going to baby showers and enjoying the new fall season on tv (my bestest friend ever, well, right after books).

So, obviously not too much interesting/crazy stuff has been happening, but I am bored right now so I figured I would do a quick update. Still alive, still employed, still living in Woodside, still having a bad hair day.

My new job has been a bit more stressful than I was expecting. I don't know why, but I worry constantly about my performance when I'm not there. While I'm there, I feel okay. Laid-back even. But when I get home and think about the next day, my pulse starts to pound and I obsess over what sort of mistakes I might make or what weird financial or insurance or payroll or bureaucratic or whatever crap will come up. You know that feeling that someone someday is going to come up to you and say, "You're a fraud! You suck at this! Get out! You're nothing but a child!"? Yeah, that's my secret fear before falling asleep every night. So, anyway, hopefully that will start to pass as I get more confident with my responsibilities.

At least I'm not alone. One of the managers told me yesterday that he had a nightmare about the Health Department doing an inspection while he is there! It really sucks to have work nightmares. As a waitress I would constantly dream about getting sat seven parties of 30 all at the same time and not being able to walk fast and forgetting everyone's drinks and there not being any salad! That is still kind of stressful to think about, actually. It also reminds me of the fact that as a teenager I would dream all the time about going to school in the morning, taking off my shoes to walk around before the bell rang, and then when I went back to get them they were gone and I couldn't go to class without shoes. Stressful! One time the dream got to the point where I had broken my foot in the morning before the bell rang, and I proceeded to hobble around on it in an attempt to locate my pesky shoes within the five minute period we had to get to first period.

It's nice that we are starting to get autumn weather, although it's still been a lot warmer than usual for mid-October. Today it's rainy, and I didn't bring an umbrella. Boo.

Sorry for the boring entry, I guess there just isn't much on my mind at the moment!

No comments: