Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Celeb City

I was thinking the other day about how I haven't seen any celebs around on the city streets in quite some time. And that made me sad. So I decided to make a list of the ones I have seen in the past, to cheer me up a little. Hopefully, the recent dearth just means there will be a nice major sighting in the near future?

Martin Scorcese, at whom I almost cursed for stopping in front of me as I was walking, before I realized who it was

Julianne Moore on 14th St. holding a kid

David Duchovny, almost bumped into him as he jumped out of a cab while filming some crap movie I never saw

Natalie Portman filming the final scene of Closer in Times Square

Fred Schneider (of the B-52s) in Union Square

James Iha (of Smashing Pumpkins) several times as he used to live near me and hang out at some of the same events as my roommates and I at the time

David Byrne (Talking Heads)stood next to my friend Chris and I at a They Might Be Giants concert

Ric Ocasek (The Cars) in the Meatpacking District one afternoon

Shepard Smith (Faux News) in Times Square. (Does he count? I'm putting it, whatev.)

Jared Leto, I think it was in SoHo off on some weird side street

Ludacris, ate at the Olive Garden

Method Man, same

Neil Patrick Harris, same, sadly enough

Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, promoting his movie by hanging out of a limo in Times Square

Tracy Morgan, OG again

Joanna Cassidy and Cybill Shepard, filming that Martha Stewart tv movie in Times Square

Kristen Chenowith, outside of a B'way premiere

Chris Noth, two or three separate times

Karolina Kurkova, TriBeCa area

Kate Bosworth, shopping in Flat Iron District

Steven Weber, in Hell's Kitchen

Martha Plimpton, on an uptown N train

Mos Def, leaving the W Hotel in Union Square

One of those Madden brothers from Good Charlotte, the LAST time I ever went to MisShapes

Here are some I met when I was working in radio:
Margaret Cho, Scott Thompson, Dave Attell, Michelle Rodriguez, Vin Diesel, Bryan Norcross (only SoFla people will know him)
Also, when I was at Zeta I spoke on the phone to Michael Vartan and Christopher Masterson.

Okay, I feel a little better now!

2 comments:

Nic said...

just catching up on your blog... That is quite an impressive list!! I think it's really funny that those rappers ate at the OG, haha!

Alicia said...

Oh, the rappers looooove the OG. Neil Patrick Harris, I'm not really sure what was going on there!