Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stuff

Last night I had one of those stressful dreams where I am waiting tables and I can't do anything right, not even remember a drink order. Fun! It was kind of weird, though, because I was waiting tables at the restaurant where I currently work (but I'm a bookkeeper here, not a waitress) and yet all of my co-workers were people from my days at the Olive Garden. Silly smooshed-up brain!

I feel bad because I haven't written anything on here in a while, but I don't really have much of anything to say. It's been a boring month, with just work and watching the debates and reading celeb gossip blogs. I did buy a new laptop because my old one, well, basically it was a POS and nothing worked on it anymore, and now I can't even get it to stay on long enough to get all of my old files off of it. So I've kind of lost about 3000 songs that I had purchased and/or downloaded and I have started over from scratch with the importing and the downloading. Exciting stuff! I knew I didn't want that stupid computer, but for some reason my Dad and Stepmom really wanted me to have a laptop. IDGI! LOLZ. Ok, sorry, i've been reading too much Dlisted/BestWeekEver/LiveJournal lately.

It is nice that the new tv season has begun, so that has been pretty distracting, along with all of the political and economic stuff. I mean, the whole economic issue hasn't really affected me in any way (yet), but my grandfather did lose about half of his money. So that sucks.

4 comments:

Elita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nic said...

brent might be able to recover your files, you should email him about it. I don't think we are coming to NY for a while though, but you are welcome to plan a day or weekend to come up, or maybe you can ship him the computer.

Alicia said...

Thanks, but I didn't actually lose any of the files. I'd be able to get them off easily if the computer had more than 3 minutes left on the battery. I think the place where you plug the adapter into the computer shorted out because it doesn't register the cord as being attached or anything. Plus, smoke started coming out of it one day. LOL! If Brent knows a way of rigging it up I'll gladly come up there some weekend and let him do it.