Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Can It Just Be Election Day All Ready?

I think I've OD-ed on this election. I've been checking like, 8 different websites every hour of the day for the last 2 months. I'm surprised I don't fall asleep with my fingers poised over an imaginary laptop keyboard! Election fatigue--it's real, and it. is. brutal.

Also, I have a sore throat, so that might be making me a little testier than normal.

I mean, if I had my druthers it would just be January already right now--skip right over the next week, the whole president-elect phase, and the tense family gatherings for the holidays--and just make it be the day when Bush is no longer the President. To quote General Hospital's Jack Wagner, that is "All I Need." Don't judge, you know you have that song on your 80s playlist in your iTunes.

3 comments:

Elita said...

LOL!

I don't have the time to check out all the election stuff because they monitor our computer use at the new job, but I can't wait for election day either. I am going to try and vote this weekend because it's going to be a nightmare on the 4th!
Where is your polling place? Did you take some time off work to vote?

Alicia said...

I can't really take time off, but my polling place a school really close to my house. I hope it isn't a mob scene. Unfortunately we haven't had any early voting here, that I know of. I looked it up, but it was just like, go and fill out an absentee ballot at you local elections' office, only if you can prove you will be unavoidably out of town on Election Day.

Carrie said...

I soooo have that song on my iPhone ;-)