Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Live Every Week Like It's Shark Week!"

It's Thursday night, and although I have Lost back, I'm really missing my other shows, especially 30 Rock. So in honor of the crew responsible for "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah", I present some evidence of the idea that Liz Lemon is based on ME:

Jack: Lemon, you're here early.
Lemon: Well, I gave up caffeine so I've been going to bed at 5:30.
(This happens to me a lot since I took a 9 to 5. Especially on days when I don't have coffee and I've stayed up really late the night before.)

Liz orders her meatball subs with extra bread!

Liz: You are a suit. You take the hard work and creativity of other people and turn it into commercials and pie charts and triangle graphs!
Jack: What's a triangle graph?
Liz: I don't know! It sounded real.

Liz: I've got my life together, okay?
(A molar comes tumbling out of her mouth.)

Jenna: That guy was going to buy you a drink.
Liz: Really? I already have a drink. You think he'll buy me some mozzarella sticks?

Liz: I don't have any money, if that's what you're after. And I'm not one of those girls that does weird stuff in bed because they think they have to. If you're a gay guy looking for a beard, I don't do that anymore. And if you're trying to harvest my organs and sell them, I have an uncle who's a cop, so don't even try.
(My uncle is actually a sheriff, but close enough.)

Jack's brother to Liz: You know you would be attractive if you didn't scowl so much.
(Sadly enough, I get this a lot. Still, I'd rather hear that I scowl too much than that I should smile. It's so condescending. If I feel like smiling, I'll fucking smile. Otherwise, leave me alone!)

Jenna: ...And you're wearing a one-piece swimsuit instead of underwear.
Liz (defensively): I have to do laundry.

Now that the strike is rumored to be coming to an end, hopefully some more hilarity from Tina Fey and company will soon be forthcoming!

No comments: