Friday, November 30, 2007

Night-time is the WRONG Time

I can't sleep at night. I could easily sleep all day, so it isn't an insomnia issue. I've just never been down with going to bed at night, for as long as I can remember. I remember VERY clearly when I was about 4, I loved going to my pre-school, but I also loved watching Three's Company. One night, my Mom gave me the option--stay up "late" and watch Three's Company or get up early and go to pre-school. I freaking AGONIZED over that decision. I don't even remember what I eventually chose, I just was dumbstruck by the thought that I would have to miss one or the other of them.

Anyway, I'm almost 30 years old, I should have dealt with this by now, but I've always managed to put myself in positions where I could stay up pretty late without doing too much damage. But now that I have a "real" job, it's really getting to be an issue.

Maybe I'll just start taking sleeping pills or something. Or maybe I'll just get fat. Yeah. What does that have to do with it? Nothing, but it's something I've been considering lately. Fat is the new black, I say. I have to wake up in five hours.

I shouldn't have had those two cappuccinos and that mocha latte yogurt today. Caffeine is about the last thing I need.

No comments: