Friday, July 20, 2007

The Big Day

Today is the release of the final Harry Potter book. Well, tonight at midnight, anyway. I can't believe that within 24 hours I will probably know the ending to this series that I have been following for about 5 years! It's exciting but I feel quite sad as well. Good thing I bought some kleenex last week, I'm sure it'll come in handy.

I read the review in the New York Times yesterday and was disappointed that they sort of gave away the meaning of the title, but I guess that's what I get for reading a review! Thankfully after tomorrow I will be able to go about my business on the internet without worrying about encountering spoilers.

I really hope that Harry, Hermione and Ron make it out alive. That is all.

2 comments:

Graham Ettridge said...

You and me too!!!! We have HP fever here in the UK too. I'll be popping in my car and driving to the local bookshop first thing in the morning. Then I intend to lay on my sofa for the whole weekend to read the book from cover to cover. Curtains closed, telephone off the hook, doors locked, food and drink by my side. Not moving for the whole weekend. (I have been informed that I may need some tissues too).

We'll have to compare notes next week!!

Take care ~ Graham

Alicia said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! We'll definitely have to talk. I bet you guys in the UK are just as excited, if not MORE, than us. I forgot to mention the Weasley twins. They need to survive, too!