Friday, May 23, 2008

My Summer Goals

So, since I have a lot more free time in the evenings now than I ever have since like, high school, I've decided that this summer I am going to go back and school myself in some of the bands I've always wanted to get into but have never taken the time for. On the list: Wilco, The Replacements, The Flaming Lips, The Shins, The Decemberists, Guided by Voices. I already know a few songs/albums by all of them, but I've always intended to go back and get a little more in-depth, so that is my summer project this year. Luckily, I get to play whatever music I want when I am at work, so that will be very helpful in getting to know stuff better.

Last weekend I went to Buffalo with a bunch of old friends from OG to surprise my old roommate Jim for his Big 3-0. We went to Niagara Falls, met Jim's Mom and Stepdad (and his runaway dog, Maggie), went out and partied at some gay bars, had the police stop by the apartment (possibly getting jim evicted), ate at Arby's, and had an incredibly long ride home during which we made an alphabetical list of people to invite to our next party! We also went to an outlet mall where I got a really cute Marc Jacobs dress for $100. Now I just have to get some shoes to go with it!

I'm also planning to read a lot of Barney/Robin HIMYM fanfiction, so if you're into that drop me a line, ha ha!

No comments: